Would you like to become a volunteer Support Group Facilitator for OCD Ireland?
OCD Ireland, a non-profit organisation, is looking for Two Support Group Facilitators to facilitate our support groups. OCD Ireland has Dublin based support groups for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Trichotillomania (TTM or Trich) as well as a family and friends group. The groups meet in St. Patrick’s University Hospital on either a Monday or a Tuesday evening. Details about OCD Ireland and the four support groups can be found at www.ocdireland.org. The group facilitator role is a voluntary unpaid role and is Dublin based. A year long commitment is desireable.
- All facilitators undergo an initial free OCD Ireland training and they are provided with further free training twice a year.
- All OCD Ireland facilitators are required to attend a two day ASIST training as well as a one day child protection training (fee paid by OCD Ireland).
Essential for Application:
- Have at least a Bachelors degree in Psychology
- Available either Monday and Tuesday evenings from 6:30 pm – 9 pm
- Prior experience in group facilitation
Desirable for Application:
- Prior experience with OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Trichotillomania
- An understanding of Aspergers Disorder as it often co exists with OCD spectrum disorders
- Previous training in group facilitation
- Recent attendance at child protection training
- Prior attendance at ASIST training
- To apply for the above positions please forward the following:
- A Curriculum Vita
- A cover letter clearly identifying which role(s) you are applying for (details can be found below)
- Two written references
Please send your CV, cover letter and two letters of reference to: email@example.com with the subject heading Facilitator-OCDIreland . The closing date for applications from interested individuals is 24:00 by the 27th August 2018 For more details about OCD Ireland please visit our website at www.ocdireland.org