Would you like to become a Support Group Facilitator for OCD Ireland?
OCD Ireland, a non-profit organisation, is looking for Two Support Group Facilitators to help facilitate our support groups. OCD Ireland has Dublin based support groups for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Trichotillomania (TTM or Trich) as well as a family and friends group. The groups meet in St. Patrick’s University Hospital on either a Monday or a Tuesday evening. Details about OCD Ireland and the Support Groups can be found at www.ocdireland.org.
Duties and responsibilities of a Support Group Assistant Facilitator:
- Initiating the group.
- Initiating a mindfulness meditation.
- Executing the check-in stage, lead the middle stage of the group and execute the check-out stage.
- Attending to supervision.
- All facilitators undergo an initial free OCD Ireland training and they are provided with further free training twice a
- All OCD Ireland facilitators are required to attend a two day ASIST training as well as a one day child protection training (fee paid by OCD Ireland).
Essential for Application:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in
- Available either Monday and/or Tuesday evenings from 6:30 pm – 9pm
- Prior experience in group
Desirable for Application:
- Prior experience with OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and
- An understanding of Aspergers Disorder as it often co exists with OCD spectrum
- Previous training in group
- Recent attendance at child protection
- Prior attendance at ASIST
To apply for the above positions please forward the following:
- A Curriculum
- A cover letter clearly identifying which role(s) you are applying for (details can be found below).
- Two written
The Support Group Facilitator role is a voluntary unpaid role and is Dublin-based . Furthermore, a commitment of up to one year is desirable.
This information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications from interested individuals is 17.00pm by 31st May 2019 at 17.00pm.
The interviews will be held on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June 2019 from 18.00pm onwards.