Would you like to become a volunteer Support Group Co-ordinator for OCD Ireland?
OCD Ireland, a non-profit organisation, is looking for Support Group Coordinator to coordinate our support groups. OCD Ireland has Dublin-based support groups for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Trichotillomania (TTM or Trich) as well as a Family & Friends group. The groups meet in St. Patrick’s University Hospital on either a Monday or a Tuesday evening. There is also a monthly OCD support group in Trinity College, which is for TCD students. Details about who OCD Ireland are and the four support groups can be found at www.ocdireland.org. The group coordinator role is a voluntary unpaid role and is Dublin-based and a commitment of up to a year is desirable.
- Manage and track holiday leave and attendance for all groups.
- Arrange cover for groups.
- Track supervision attendance of facilitators.
- Schedule and book annual external training events – ASIST and Child Protection
- Provide support and advice to facilitators.
- Liaise with CEO and Clinical Adviser when requested.
- Attend OCD Ireland events and OCD Ireland training.
- Introduce speakers at the OCD Ireland Public Lecture Series if requested.
- All coordinators undergo an initial free OCD Ireland training and they are provided with further free training twice a year.
- All OCD Ireland coordinators are required to attend a two day ASIST training as well as a one day child protection training (fee paid by OCD Ireland).
Essential for Application:
- Have at least a Bachelors degree in Psychology.
- Excellent organisation skills.
Desirable for Application:
- Prior experience with OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Trichotillomania.
- An understanding of Asperger’s Disorder as it often co exists with OCD spectrum disorders.
- Recent attendance at child protection training.
- Prior attendance at ASIST training.
To apply for the above position please forward the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter clearly identifying your motivation for applying for the role
- Two written references
Please send your CV, cover letter and two letters of reference to: email@example.com with the subject heading “Coordinator OCDIreland”.
The closing date for applications from interested individuals is 24.00 by the 12th September 2017.