Would you like to become a volunteer Support Group Co-ordinator for OCD Ireland?
OCD Ireland, a non-profit organisation, is looking for Support Group Coordinator to coordinate our support groups. OCD Ireland has Dublin-based support groups for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Trichotillomania (TTM or Trich) as well as a Family & Friends group. The groups meet in St. Patrick’s University Hospital on either a Monday or a Tuesday evening. Details about who OCD Ireland are and the four support groups can be found at www.ocdireland.org. The group coordinator role is a voluntary unpaid role and is Dublin-based and a commitment of up to a year is desirable.
- Manage and track holiday leave and attendance for all groups.
- Arrange cover for groups.
- Track supervision attendance of facilitators.
- Schedule and book annual external training events – ASIST and Child Protection
- Provide support and advice to facilitators.
- Liaise with CEO and Clinical Adviser when requested.
- Attend OCD Ireland events and OCD Ireland training.
- Introduce speakers at the OCD Ireland Public Lecture Series if requested.
- All coordinators undergo an initial free OCD Ireland training and they are provided with further free training twice a year.
- All OCD Ireland coordinators are required to attend a two day ASIST training as well as a one day child protection training (fee paid by OCD Ireland).
Essential for Application:
- Have at least a Bachelors degree in Psychology.
- Excellent organisation skills.
Desirable for Application:
- Prior experience with OCD, Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Trichotillomania.
- An understanding of Asperger’s Disorder as it often co exists with OCD spectrum disorders.
- Recent attendance at child protection training.
- Prior attendance at ASIST training.
To apply for the above position please forward the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter clearly identifying your motivation for applying for the role
- Two written references
Please send your CV, cover letter and two letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Coordinator OCDIreland”.
The closing date for applications from interested individuals is 24.00 by the 14th March 2019.